5/8/08

the family's plan for my celebration was all set. have dinner at the newly opened hooters manila in moa, go bowling, then haagen dasz fondue. little did i know that the world pyro olympics would make our plans way too complicated that i almost got hysterical at the thought that my bday plans were all ruined. good thing that my dad who's also quite frustrated with the whole situation suggested that we first go bowling.

for the many times we've played bowling, this is by far the best game i've had. i am the highest pointer for the first time. they say the ball must be on me coz it's my bday. i say well, let's see the next time we play.

thankfully, the fireworks have just come to an end when we went out of the bowling center. famished from the game, we walked a few more minutes to hooters located at the end of san miguel by the bay (north area) and waited for about 15 minutes to be seated because the house was packed. the night almost became disastrous when a group of 5 people who came in after us got a table even before we did. nevertheless, we still enjoyed the night after that incident. read on to find out why.

my family has been telling me about hooters before because it's their hangout place when they were in chicago. they say that the place is reminiscent of how it is back there. only, the girls there are more endowed. haha.

for a group of 7, we ordered 50 pcs chicken wings half naked and half breaded and 2 orders of training (mini) burgers. though they're famous for their chicken wings they also have burgers, seafood and salad in their menu.

since it's my birthday, my b and i had mojito, one of my fave cocktail drink. it was actually the highlight of my dinner. freshly crushed mint leaves is absolute coolness, luv it!

the place is very lively with the american trainers who are shouting here and there. the ladies are also dancing every 30 minutes or so. i wonder if it'll be the same festive ambiance without them. the service is great, btw. they were very apologetic when we raised our concern regarding their seating priority. and the pretty filipino girl named claudine who waited our table was very sweet and efficient. she even posed for photos with my brothers.

hooters is worth coming back to. probably when it's about a few months old when the curiosity of people about this place subsides. b and i will probably hang out in their bar area to drink our fave mojito and eat greasy chicken wings to our heart's content.

2 comments:

WhoIsMarc? said...

Woot! really hooters now open in manila?OMG >.< I can't wait to go back to manila :) One more year to go.... :(

Thanks for sharing this good news.Now I'm looking forward more on going back :) Not that I'm a p3Rv3r`][` or anything, it's just the thought of so many has changed in manila. :) I can't wait...

Oh I really like how you write :)

beevs said...

hi marc, thanks for the comment. :)

yupyup hooters is here. it's a lot of fun to hang out there really. unless you'd want peace and quiet.

uwi ka na! hehe.