5/11/08

i reckon when i was young, my mom used to like my neighbor playmate's legs because she is balbon. not the curly type balbon but visible half inch hairs all pointing downwards. thinking that was the standard of beauty, it made me jealous of her and i wished i was balbon like her.

i dunno how it happened but about 5 years ago, i noticed that some of the hairs on my legs were almost an inch long (still not curly though). my mom said it's because of my wearing pants all the time. but whatever the reason, it started to bother me so i looked for ways on how to get rid of it.

i don't like getting stubble on my legs so shaving is not an option. upon numerous research, i found out that waxing is the best solution for unwanted leg hair.

my first choice was body shop's sugaring depilatory but i read somewhere that waxing is not safe specially if the temperature of the wax is not correct. i'm also afraid i might go ala mel gibson in what women want, bump my head and be able to hear men's thoughts. although, that would be a good idea don't you think?

but now i have a regimen that works for me.

i resorted to buying ready wax strips which is a bit less complicated to use. just rub the strips in between hands for a few seconds, apply on legs, then pull from the direction of hair growth. though i'm happy with the result, i'm not that contented because hairs less than 5mm are not removed. so what i do is 3 days after waxing, i use veet's depilatory cream for a more flawless finish. now you might ask, why not just use the depilatory cream instead of the strips? using depilatory cream is just like shaving, only it lasts for about 2 to 3 weeks. waxing is a more effective way of removing hair because it takes a while for it to grow back. it actually lasts 2 months or more before i do the waxing routine again.

i'm also thinking of trying out waxing services offered by spas, particularly relaksasi in southmall or je pun pali in moa. i'll let you know when that happens.

so, how about you, what's your hair removing story?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for dropping by my blog! You have a cool blog!

By the way, can we exchange links? I have four blogs, is it okay for you to link all four blogs? I will link you up in all the blogs, too! My links are:

Memories by Jenn
Shutter Happenings
Le Kulitszie Familie
Jenn Was Here

Thanks a lot!