5/5/08

the first part of my bday celeb was spent falling in line for an hour and choosing colors and trinkets for another hour at the make your own havaianas event at rockwell. since i promised myself and my b that i'll only buy one pair, it was super hard to pick my flip flop color because all the slims look really pretty. though it's hard, i know i have to be practical because there's this "project" that i'm working on.

curious how my havaianas turned out? click on the jump to see...

since i still don't have a blue flip flop, i went for indigo blue and silver metallic straps. to add more uniqueness to my pair, i didn't want both flip flops to be a mirror of the other so i embellished it with an M (my b's name's first letter) on the left then a skull and 2 swarovski crystals on the right. i'm not a rocker but i think that the skull looks really cool.

in this tropical country of ours, havaianas sure was a big hit. i've known a whole lot of people who have a collection of them. lots and lots of flip flops i tell you. i'm not really a full pledged havaianatic as i only have 6 pairs including the customized one. at first, i winced at the thought of shelling out hundreds of bucks for a pair of tsinelas. in fact, i thought it was outrageous. but once i purchased my first pair, outrageousness hit me coz i fell in love with it. i must say, havaianas is all about comfort and durability. it's a perfect companion for shopping long hours at the mall, chilling out at the park or walking to wherever. a soothing change for my always stiletto clad feet. but i'm not planning to have a flip flop collection. i just want to have one for each color..to mix and match with my clothes..and my mood. because a woman can never have too many pairs of shoes...and flip flops. teehee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we always make sure to visit their store when we vacay dyan. meron din dito pero mas cute design dyan.

beevs said...

ah really? probably because mas mabenta havaianas dito. i even heard one guy comment that there's panic buying of slippers because 'all flipflops' (the store) is always packed with customers. hehe.