9/19/07

b and i went out for a meeting this afternoon. for some reasons i can't disclose, i didn't join the meeting and opted to stay at starbucks a few blocks away from our client's office. i had to say i enjoyed my stay there and i think this is going to be a habit everytime my b is going to meet this particular client.

with a scene quite similar to this...

and a shady ambiance like this...


...i will definitely go back for more.

if i remember right, it's at leviste street somewhere in makati. we discovered this little hideout while looking for a space to park our car. we all know that parking is scarce in the business district so we made lots of turns in every corner until we got to a road that's probably less travelled. a bit far from the client's office but at least there's parking AND starbucks. i like this particular starbucks because it's surrounded by trees in its entrance and more trees at the opposite side of the road. if only it wasn't raining, i would've stayed in one of the umbrella chairs outside and revel in the natural ambiance. on the other hand, those little drops of rain added freshness into the all too perfect backdrop. i don't know why but all that moment made me feel like i'm in NY. luv luv luv it!

i'll deviate a little from that lovely scene coz i just have to share this. there was a moment there (a rather looong one...) when there were koreans all around me. they came in separate groups but they were all talking in their language and i really felt like i'm the foreigner in my own land. i thought koreans only abound in boracay, but with that first hand experience i just had, it's true what other people/bloggers are saying, koreans are everywhere!

anyway, with the laptop on, i know i won't be able to go to the loo anytime i want so i had to release all liquid in my body before i let my b leave me. after ordering my drink + globequest access and making "tabla" the guy barista (sorry barista, my bad), my b was off and i was all alone. at first, i didn't think i'd be able to concentrate with the people around. but once i got the hang of it, i actually didn't realize that i was able to finish a complicated task within 2 hours of sitting. my butt hurt a little though and my arms and legs needed major stretching but i still fancy the moment, nonetheless.

0 comments: