9/23/07

as someone living in the southern part of the metro, i rarely go way past the makati area to shop or hang out. so sometimes going somewhere up north, in this case megamall, is such a big deal for me and my b.

wanting to indulge the wanderlust in me, we scheduled a trip there 2 fridays ago to check out the travel mart where promises of cheap travel packages await. as soon as we entered the doors of megamall, i was already seeing myself strolling the streets of cebu or frolicking in the beautiful beaches of palawan or bohol. clearly, i've forgotten my promise that i'm going to save, save and save for next year's plans. good thing b was wary enough to burst my bubble and remind me of my own pledge of frugality for the months to come. it was a bit hard for me but i was able to refrain myself from going inside the said travel fair and burn a hole in my wallet in the process. therefore, b and i ended up touring the mall and checking out st. francis square for the first time.

being a moa regular, i've already memorized it like the back of my hand. everytime i go there, it always seems that it's not so big as they declare it to be. when i got to megamall and traversed all floors of building A to B, the more i see shops/restos that cannot be found in moa, the more i suspect that megamall is bigger and better but only more congested and a bit tainted. it led me to conclude that the basis for moa's size is it's land area which includes the 2 buildings that are still under construction as of the moment. as for the number of shops, i think, from what i've seen, megamall has more.



i was proven wrong when i toured almost the whole of moa again during last friday's big big sale. i've realized i already spent 4 hours walking in and out of each fashion/beauty shop but i still missed a few of them. not to mention the areas of computer shops in north wing and the row of restos in entertainment mall. whew! yeah, moa is undoubtedly the biggest. and cleanest, i must say. although it's not the best place to shop (i still think glorietta & market!market! is the ultimate shopper's paradise), i love it because the place is just huuuge, it's still new and well maintained, it has gorgeous view of the sun setting in the sea, and the best thing about it is that it's just a 15 minute travel from our place.

yeah, i've always been a mall rat. i guess no one can beat me from going around a mall and entering each shop more than twice in one visit. coupled with my good sense of direction, i can be anyone's guide to any of the malls in south and makati area.

0 comments: