2/26/07

last year, i haven't had the chance to go to the beach. B and i were so engrossed in planning for an international trip that we forgot all about the local summer destinations. unfortunately, the trip didn't push through coz our travel agent can't seem to book us to a hotel. crappy, isn't it?

my dad's requesting that we go to the beach when he comes home from vietnam on thursday. my whole friday at work was almost spent researching for a resort that can meet my mom's standards and requests: beach with pool, no meals included, preferably two room suites (so that boys are separate from girls...sheesh!). mom has already set her mind on kabayan resort in batangas but there were no rooms available. saturday morning, i strained my eyes in front of the computer still searching for a place. batangas, bolinao, subic, etc. i've already suggested too many choices but there's always a comment for each. batangas is our only option but almost all resorts in batangas are already fully booked.

all except one.

this morning, i tried my luck and inquired on this particular resort that i've been eyeing since 2005. a friend was there the same time as we were in another resort in laiya and she raved about the place. the best part of it was they have nice rooms and amenities and more importantly a pool, which is a major requirement for my mom. i felt queasy the whole time i was waiting for them to fax the cost estimate coz i was afraid that someone else might reserve the room before me. the fax came. the deal was almost set. the resort's reservations agent is just waiting for me to fax back my signature and make a downpayment so that i can finally relax and go back to work. but when i asked my mom for the go signal, she suddenly made absurd reasons about going. knowing her, the reasons only mean one thing, she doesn't want this to push through.

i felt so so so bad right after talking to her. i was able to divert my emotions by going to the mall but the bad feelings came back when i got home and failed to convince her. this is our only hope and yet she's undecided? she wants information about the place. she asked me for house rules, etc etc. she wants to see a detailed website but there's none. my brother and i suggested that she call them to inquire. she doesn't want to. we also suggested that she make a list of everything she wants to know and i will be the one to inquire. she still doesn't want to. this time, i gave up. someone else might have reserved that room by tomorrow, anyway.

dad will be here for only 10 days so we can only do it this saturday. if it doesn't happen this week, then i'll have to wait for another 2 months before i can finally feel sand on my feet. unless of course i go with my friends or with my beloved B. knowing how super duper conservative my mom is, it probably won't happen.

thank God for giving me the patience. i said bad things, yes. but i love my mom so much i felt so so guilty that all i'm trying to do now is understand her. this is probably just the effect of her menopausal syndrome. sigh...


0 comments: