7/12/07

although i made it obvious a few times in this blog, i never really said that i am awfully afraid of flying. i do. i really do. that's why as i count the days til the boracay trip, i'm becoming more and more antsy of riding the aircraft and at the same time excited in finally going to that famed beach.

they say that airplanes are the safest mode of transportation. but even if i made a mantra out of that statement, the paranoid in me still wins. i don't even wanna discuss the reasons for my fear because i'm just, well, paranoid.

on the day of the trip, i wasn't able to eat breakfast before i left the house. there's just too many butterflies in my stomach that i feel if i swallow a morsel of bread, it would cause a riot inside and make me throw up. and even though i'm not really one who gets dizzy in road trips, i came prepared and brought 2 tablets of bonamine, just in case. b knows too well that i won't be able to eat from anxiety so he also came prepared bringing with him packs of cheddar combos and bars of chocolates. thanks b! and another thanks for making sure that my first plane ride would be really fun and comfortable not only by loading soothing songs in my mp3 player but in knowing my needs as well. i must say you really thought about it very carefully.

as i sit in the waiting area for 2 hours with songs of bliss in my ears, i was able to relax. people are coming in throves and it made me reflect on my fear. is it really worth stressing my mind over less than an hour of being in the air? if it's really that scary, why do thousands of people, millions even, choose aircraft as their means of transpo? and hellooo...i'm off to enjoy this trip, no?

by the time we were called for boarding, the fear was all gone. and as we were lifting up to hundreds of feet above the air, i loosened my seatbelts so that i could peer out the window. yeah, like a giddy little kid captivated by the sight below.


it's kinda weird looking down at the clouds when i'm so used to looking up at 'em

i have to say i had 2 journeys on that day. one was a trip to paradise and one was to conquer my fear. i can proudly say that i've accomplished both. now i can't wait for that next trip! =)

my other posts in the boracay series:
our home in paradise
the gastronomic experience
fun in the sea


0 comments: