9/10/10

when i was in my early teens, every sunday we would go to my aunt's place after morning mass and we'll have lunch with their family, the only relative we have here around south. it probably is my aunt's specialty coz we had one too many totsong bangus on those weekly visits. my family simply loved the dish, a new twist to the usual paksiw, sinigang and fried bangus in our household. my mom and i got the recipe from my aunt so even when she went to work abroad, we can still have our special bangus fix.


ingredients: bangus (milkfish), crushed tahore/fermented soy cake (it's like tokwa soaked in soy sauce and can be found in veggie dealers in the palengke), crushed garlic, sliced onions, sliced ginger, diced tomato, kangkong, egpplant - peeled and sliced.

procedure: fry the milkfish then set aside. saute onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes. add the tahore and about a cup of water. when it boils, add the milkfish, kangkong and eggplant. cook until the veggies are done.

0 comments: