6/2/07

i've been cleaning my email inbox since yesterday. i didn't realize how much i neglected it since i saw 161 unread mail messages and a total of 428 messages all in all. my inbox was really such a mess! i'm quite through sorting it out but there's still a bunch of sensible clutter messages worth forwarding (no chain messages please..i hate them) plus 200+ scrapgirls newsletters which i'm so fond of reading coz i love the author's style of writing.

anyway, as i was browsing through the mail, i saw this message sent by me from another email account which is dated june 2, 2005 (exactly 2 years from now) and wondered why i would be sending it to myself. the subject reads "how do u know it's love" so i read it. i was amazed at how the writer knew exactly how it happened to me. every feeling precise. it made me reminisce the first time i met my b 12 yrs ago. it was only a phone conversation that lasted for 2 hours! telebabad queen. heh. even if it was only the first time that we talked and i don't even know the face behind the voice, i immediately felt comfortable with him. right now, everything is a complete bliss. we never run out of things to talk about considering that we're together every single day. what's also great is we can have fun in even the simplest things.

for me, this email is the best description of what love is so i'll share it with you. hope everyone find the true love they deserve. :)

"How do you know it's love?"

You know when the everyday things surrounding you - the leaves, the
shade of light in the sky, a bowl of strawberries - - -suddenly shimmer with
king of unreality. You know when the tiny details about another person,
ones that are insignificant to most people, seem fascinating and incredible
to you. One groom told me he loved everything about his wife, from her
handwriting to the way she scratched on their apartment door like a cat
when she came home. One bride said she fell in love her fiance because "one
night", a moth was flying around a light bulb, and he caught it and let it
out the window. I said: "That's it. He's the guy."

You also know it's love when you can't stop talking to each
other. Almost every couple I've ever interviewed said that on their first
or second date, they talked for hours and hours. For some, falling in love
is like walking into a soundproof confessional booth, a place where you can
tell all. I can't tell you how many women have told me they knew they
were in love because they forgot to wear make up around their boyfriend.
Or because they felt at ease hanging around him in flannel pajamas. There's
some modern truth to Cinderella's tale - it's love when you're
incredibly comfortable, when the shoe fits perfectly.

Finally, I think you're in love if you can make each other laugh at the
very worst times. As someone once told me, 90% of being in
love is making each other's lives funnier and easier, all the way to the
deathbed. I've interviewed many people who were down on their luck in
every way - a ballerina with chronic problems, a physicist who had been
on 112 blind dates, a clarinet player who was a single dad and could
barely pay rent.But love, when they found it, brought humor, candlelight, home-cooked
meals, fun, adventure, poetry and long conversations in their lives.

When people ask me where to find love, I tell a story about
one of my first job interviews. He gave me some advice I will never forget.
He said: "Go out into the world. Work hard and concentrate on what you
love to do, writing. If you become good, we will find you." That's why
I always tell people looking for love to wait for that "I won the
lottery" feeling - wait, wait, wait! Don't read articles about how to trap,
seduce or hypnotize a mate. Don't worry about your lipstick or your
height, because it is not going to matter. Just live your life well,
takecare of yourself, and don't mope too much. Love will find you.

Eventually it even found me. At 28, I met my husband in a
stationary store. I was buying a typewriter ribbon, and he was looking at
Filofaxes. I remember that his eyes perfectly matched his faded jeans.
He remembers that my sneakers were full of sand. He still talks about those
sneakers and how they evoked his childhood - things he cherished.
How did I know that it was true love? Our first real date lasted for nine
hours; we just couldn't stop talking. I had never been able to dance in my
life, but I could dance with him, perfectly in step. I have learned that
it's love when you finally stop tripping over your toes. A year after we
met, we married.

With each story I hear, I have proof that love, optimism,
guts, grace, perfect partners and good luck do, in fact, exist. Love in
my opinion is not a fantasy, not the stuff of romance novels or fairy
tales. It's a gritty and real as the subway, it comes around just as
regularly, and as long as you can stick it out on the platform, you won't
miss it.

-anonymous

1 comments:

:P said...

that's a really wonderful letter/email... might share that with my hubby to give him a few reminders! hahaha!

take care!