6/6/09

i'm not really a certified kikay. i love girly girly stuff, yes. but i only go for a mani-ped everytime there's an occasion and i very seldom go to a salon to maintain my hair. when it comes to make-up, the only stuff you can find in my vanity kit are foundation, blush, 3 shades of lipgloss, a tinted lip balm, and a face powder. so yeah, you can say that i'm an amateur when it comes to those stuff.

about a month ago, i started getting blemishes on my forehead and i blamed it on some water i used to wash my face. b, on the other hand is suggesting that it must be from the make-up that i use. last week, after a month of doing everything i can to get rid of those blemishes but to no avail, i finally decided to throw away my maybelline dream matte mousse foundation and buy another brand.

i've long been eyeing VMV products because i've read good reviews about them. so when we went to the mall, i went straight to their booth and sampled some of their products. to be frank, i really can't tell the difference between those types. for me, anything that can give my face that smooth clear finish will do. although i'm a bit hesitant to spend triple the price of my previous foundation (maybelline mousse only retails for about 600), i finally gave in because i do have plans on investing in good quality make-up. my first choice is really MAC but due to these nasty blemishes, hypoallergenics is the way to go.

and since i'm on it, i also bought me vmv's ooh-la-lash volumizing mascara and i just luuuv it! i love how it doesn't look clumpy and how it volumizes and curls my lashes even if i don't use a curler. i love how it doesn't give me that racoon eyes even if i break to tears for laughing so hard. and unlike other good mascara i've read about and almost bought (good thing that fasio mascara was out of stock), ooh-la-lash is so easy to take off even without using a make-up remover. pure love.

there, that's baby steps to kikay-ness. next on my list is a set of eye shadows and more shades of blush and gloss.

0 comments: