2/18/09

summer is officially here. gone are the days of waking up shivering to the cool breeze of the morning. it makes me a bit sad.

i actually have a love and hate relationship with summer. while i love it because of the bright sunshiny days perfect for hitting the beach, we can't always take an out of town trip on a weekly basis most specially during this time of recession. we're stuck here in the city wilting under the scorching sun and humid air that even some aircons have a hard time keeping the air cool.

just in case you still don't know it by now, i have hyperhidrosis and i sweat profusely in almost every part of my body. so that's why i hate summer. i'm lucky enough not to have a job/business that requires going one place to another or else i would be soaking wet all day. there are times though that i have to go to client meetings so during hot n' humid days, i have to face the embarrassment of giving handshake with my wet hands or having water marks on my clothes and feel the awkwardness of fanning myself extensively in an airconditioned room when everyone else are so dry and relaxed. poor li'l me.

still connected to hyperhidrosis, i also have this "summer allergy" thingie wherein tiny watery blisters form in the palms of my hands or the soles of my feet if they sweat on a regular basis. then after a while the blisters dry up and my skin flakes like hell. well, for the past few years it wasn't as extreme as when i was younger. it's really such bothersome and embarrassing condition that, according to my derma, has no affordable and permanent cure.

i therefore conclude that i have nothing really much to like about summer except a reason to escape to the beach. but then again, summer isn't the only time to go to the beach.

0 comments: