11/23/07

my profession as a software developer entails a whole lot of sitting in front of a computer. due to lack of work out & physical activities, flabs started accumulating in my thighs and midsection the moment i started on my very first job.

because i'm really just a small body frame (thanks to my parent's genes), one would think that i'm a bit thin to have flabs. seriously, my thighs and nonexistent abs are too flabby for my body so i've been wanting to work out and get fit for the longest time. for about 2 years, we used to play badminton as one way to stretch and tone those muscles. however, our passion for the sport was gone when we became too busy with work. i've also thought about joining gym memberships or enrolling in aerobics/taebo/yoga classes but somehow, i always have an excuse of not pursuing any of it.

when fitness first started doing their promo of their branch in mall of asia, i was on the verge of shelling up two thousand bucks every month. the gym, with a view of the sea + conveniently located 15 minutes from home + just beside my favorite mall, almost had me sold. fortunately, my b, who's more practical now, thought about buying one of those exercise equipment, the orbitrac.



we've had it for almost a month now and i burn about 200 calories every time. if it's getting fit you're after, i'd say it's a better and practical investment than those gym memberships. just make sure that you do more than just working on the equipment. things like curl ups, stretching or lunges will help tone those muscles more effectively.

just a simple comparison:

orbitrac - less than 6,000 pesos for the equipment + rubber shoes + sports bra + comfortable (even pambahay) workout clothes + you can use it anytime you want

gym membership - 2,000 pesos every month + gym clothes + workout gear + (gas / transpo fare + bottled drink + food) multiplied by the number of times you go to the gym

see? it beats going to the gym big time. unless of course you have the budget and a lot of time to spare, then why not be a member. in my case, what made me more glad and thankful for the orbitrac? i really hate crowded spaces. seeing how jampacked fitness first is everytime we go to moa makes me feel awkward to be one of those people waiting for my turn at the treadmill.


0 comments: