8/31/09

b and i usually work on a holiday but it was my mom's birthday tomorrow so i took advantage of the day and treated my mom to another pampering experience.

first off was a trip to the going straight salon for a hot oil treatment. their package with haircut is much cheaper than with a solo hot oil treatment so we took advantage of that. just had my hair cut last month and all i wanted was a trim like mom did. but then i'm starting to get tired of having long layered hair with side swept bangs so i decided to go full bangs. the result? my hair now kinda looks like this...

only mine's shorter and without color. i actually saw this photo of bryce right after i got my haircut last month and i saved it on b's phone so that i can show it to the stylist next time. ang galing lang that i got the look without even showing this photo to the stylist. well, it's a totally different me. and i look more chinese (which is i'm not) than ever.

we finished early for our 4pm appointment at california nails and day spa so we went shoe shopping for a while. mom was able to buy one wedge sandals while i was choosing between a black pointed pumps to replace my old one and a pretty colorful wedge slingback and ended up with nothing, heh.

mom and i both had manicure and spa pedicure afterwards. aside from the lovely and very girly pink ambiance which i love, the service was great and the attendants very friendly. i swear to be back there for their paraffin treatment.

i think mom had fun and got relaxed. i'm glad that this simple birthday treat is very well appreciated. it's really such a small gesture compared to all that she has done for us. love u mom!

before i end this, just some realizations. i kinda got flattered when the stylist who cut my hair asked me if i got my hair rebonded and he was actually surprised when i told him that it was natural. the only treatment i ever put on my hair is hot oil and before last month's salon trip, it was about a year ago that it got treated. then when i got my mani-ped, i told my "ate"s not to remove the cuticle coz i haven't had my cuticles removed ever. it's only barely visible, anyway. these things only prove that i'm really not a high maintenance girl. but damn, it feels good to be pampered every now and then.

1 comments:

The Fashionistas said...

nice blog =) i was browsing through the net looking for the price list of body treatments at relaksasi and found your blog to be very informative.. and entertaining too. I had great time reading. clap clap!